The Jaguar Mark V (Mark 5) is a luxury automobile built by Jaguar Cars Ltd of Coventry in England from 1948 to 1951. It was available as a four door Saloon and a two door convertible known as the Drop Head Coupé, both versions seating five adults. The Mark Five introduced many innovative features to Jaguar, having independent front suspension, hydraulic brakes, sealed headlamps and flashing turn signals. The Mark V was also specifically designed to be produced in both right- and left-hand drive configurations.
Launched at the London Motor Show in 1948, the Mark V shared the stage with the Jaguar XK120. At the time the XK120 was considered the 'star of the show', however during their production the Mark V heavily outsold the XK120. The styling of the car followed pre-war Jaguar lines with a chrome grille and the famous Jaguar radiator cap was available as an option. The Autocar called it "rich yet with unostentatious looks, in outline halfway between the old and new."
A 3½ litre car tested by The Motor magazine in 1949 achieved a top speed of 90 mph and 0-60 acceleration in 20 seconds.